Culture and Happiness in Virtual teams
[presentation]Local:WTC Galeria17:05 - 17:55Abstract:
Purpose, Autonomy, and Mastery are the true recipes for a highly motivated team according to Dan Pink – and virtual teams more than any other kind of team need these to work well. In this talk, I'll show how and why the company that brought you InfoQ.com and QCon is organized to deliver these three feelings to the teams that have been running completely – virtually – for over 7 years.
See how to foster and continually reinforce a feeling of connectedness, shared values and purpose in a virtual environment.
- Meeting rhythms needed to keep people alignedCoach vs. manager mindset for leaders
- Process ownership vs. task execution delegation mindset for new hires
- Metrics, KPIs, and transparency
- Quarterly objective planning and focus
- Transparency and trust
- Key tools: kanban, dashboards, business plan canvases, metrics, yammer (micro-blogging), skype, email and more